New Provence experiences with delightful local French-Australian couple:
• Ideal location to access all the highlights of Provence
• Friendly English-speaking hosts
• Escorted tours on and off the beaten track.
Meet Jane & Alban
Alban and Jane are a French-Australian couple who have settled in La Garde-Freinet, a village perched high in the rolling hills of the Gulf of St Tropez. La Garde-Freinet has a strong cultural heritage and has been an artists' hideaway. David Hockney painted his famous Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures) here. It is now a vibrant community of passionate people who are willing to share their skills.
Alban and Jane will look after you and will take you off the beaten track. While in Europe, you can use their home as your base camp – i.e. leave your extra luggage, meet up with your friends, etc.
Villa Fontane is their home. It is a friendly guesthouse with five bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Villa Fontane is set in two hectares with woodlands, tree hammocks, gardens and a heated swimming pool. In the village you will enjoy typical Provencal meals in outdoor restaurants. Hiking trails lead onto hilltops for breath-taking views. The sandy beaches of the Gulf of St Tropez are an easy drive away.
Bonjour Provence: 7 nights/8 days Experience
A magical Provencal week:
Day 1: airport pick-up; visit of the authentic village of La Garde-Freinet
Day 2: Vintage bric-a-brac market, visit medieval Grimaud – one of the most beautiful villages in Provence
Day 3: Visit Gassin, Ramatuelle and St Tropez with its noisy sea frontage, quiet cobbled backstreets, historic castle and intriguing cemetery…
Day 4: French/Cooking/Painting or Heritage lesson, visit Provencal vineyards
Day 5: Thoronet Abbey, Cotignac and the spectacular Verdon Gorges
Day 6: French/Cooking/Painting or Heritage lesson, visit the Maures Mountains
Day 7: Day tour to Aix-en-Provence or Marseille or Cannes or Nice.
Day 8: Food Market.
Friends in Provence: 14 nights/15 days in Provence
This program is a more in-depth and leisurely experience of the above activities, with several opportunities to learn different new skills and more relaxation time if you wish.
In addition to discovering the beauty of Provence, seize the opportunity to improve your skills with local experts:
- French (all levels - conversation) with an experienced French teacher who will help you improve your French in a friendly atmosphere
- Cooking typical Provencal recipes, held in the village, then sharing the meal you've just prepared
- Painting and drawing with an artist in Provence. You will return home with your own pictures of the surrounding countryside and seascapes
- Make your own natural cosmetics and herbal remedies with a herbalist.
- Learn about Mediterranean culture on guided walking tours, for example a night walk to listen to the sounds of nature and to smell aromatic plants.
8 & 15 Day Provence Experiences include accommodation, half or full-board, all excursions, activities, pick-up and drop-off at Nice, Marseille & Toulon station and airport.
Information and bookings:
Sydney: France Tourism, Marc PILCER 02 9247 4233
Melbourne: France Vacations, Sonia JONES 03 9810 3550