Skiing in Courchevel runs until 22 April 2019... and the parties, too. With La Folie Douce Courchevel Festival, urban and electro music are taking over the slopes for a phenomenal closing weekend on the Verdons track in Courchevel 1850.
In the high-altitude resorts of the French Alps, spring skiing typically continues until the last week of April. But there are plenty of opportunities off the slopes too. At the après-ski game, the company La Folie Douce has excelled for years, from Courchevel to Avoriaz through to Val d’Isère, Megève and Saint-Gervais.
Giving any electro festival a run for its money
Feder, Ofenbach and MOme are just three of the names expected at La Folie Douce Courchevel Festival, which is enough to give any electro festival a run for its money. From 19-22 April 2019, the organisers are combining these internationally renowned DJs with the rapper Georgio and the delirious duo of Belgian rappers Cabellero and Jeanjass – the result: one end-of-season festival to ensure you don’t miss on the slopes of the French Alps.
The line-up from Friday to Sunday promises an atmosphere of madness, with Louis Geldres, Tam.K, DJ Ralph, MOme, Dabeull, Georgio, Feder, Kosme, Albano, Sara Costa, Mood Gorning, Caballero & JeanJass, Kiddy Smile and Ofenbach. Hear them all on the Verdons piste and on the terrace of Chalet de Pierres, in Courchevel 1850.
Spring on the slopes also promises sunshine and milder weather, with days lengthening and prices dropping. What better conditions to enjoy the final snow party?
Before the closing weekend, the resort is organising eight major events to raise the temperature and get you in the party spirit:
- 30-31 March, Fly Courchevel: Admire the resort from above.
- 30 March, The Roc Merlet Derby: A challenging descent connecting the Courchevel Moriond snowfront from the top of the Roc Merlet chairlift at 2,734m.
- 7 April, The 3 Valleys Enduro: The largest gathering of amateur skiers in the world, in the largest ski area in the world.
- 8-12 April, The Festival des Jeux: An opportunity to try over 80 different games, watch shows and have fun with your family.
- 14 April, Dynastar X3: An extraordinary mountain triathlon with bike, trail and ski-mountaineering in an exceptional setting.
- 15-19 April, Courchevel Gaming: A festival dedicated to video games with tournaments on PS4, retro-gaming, exhibitions and workshops.
- 20-22 April, Closing Weekend: A celebratory weekend to end the season in style, with family activities including an Easter egg hunt, concerts and fun with the Blanche Feria and sport with the First Track Champions in the presence of Alexis Pinturault.