Find a hidden terrace
A pleasant surprise awaits at the Musée Gadagne: its cafe, terrace, and floral garden. Not to mention its homemade lemonade.
Place du Petit Collège, 5th arrondissement
Brunch at Cafetiers
Scandinavian decor and a fresh, organic menu, a warm welcome and right at the back, the perfect patio for lunch (and therefore brunch) in summer.
Rue Ferrandière, 2nd arrondissement
Bargain hunting with an open air feel
Every Sunday morning I stop by the Puces du Canal flea market, on the outskirts of Lyon. On one side there are antique dealers for the connoisseurs and on the other side there are bric-a-brac and designer stalls for the amateur collectors. And on the other there’s bric-a-brac stalls and makers, for amateur collectors.
Rue Eugène Pottier in Villeurbanne
Get your cookie fix
Get your cookie fix with its pastel color palette and floral prints, Coney Cookies sells a range of homemade cookies and biscuits, as well as a full range of bakery utensils.
Rue Sergent Blandan, 1st arrondissement
Lunch on the go
Enjoying the ambiance of yesteryear, I’ll start with a delicious honey and goat’s cheese open topped sandwhich (a tartine) and a bowl of salad. But I won’t stop there, as the desserts at the Épicerie Bistrot à tartines are amazing. Especially the homemade praline tart...
Rue de la Monnaie, 2nd arrondissement
Coffee and Instagram
Maison Métagram is a concept store showcasing local makers. You can make yourself at home, put on a record, and settle in. Perfect for getting some work done over a cup of tea and a 100% local muffin.
Rue de Fleurieu, 2nd arrondissement
Pick your plants in a city garden
Du Vert au Balcon is an old garage converted into a florist. It’s where I find quality greenery, pretty terra cotta plant pots, and genuine bespoke advice.
Rue Sala, 2nd arrondissement
Dancing on the roof
A lot of musical events happen on this rooftop : Le Sucre. Conveniently located near the new Confluences neighbourhood.
Quai Rambaud, 2nd arrondissement
- La cave des voyageurs, place Saint-Paul, for the wine-lovers
- Auguste et Cocotte is a concept store on Rue Auguste Comte, for fashionistas and budding interior designers
- Tête d’or park, for a stroll through a botanic garden
- Rosa Mir garden with its thousands of shells, for an out-of-the-ordinary outing in Croix-Rousse
- The Chemin du Viaduc, in Hauteurs park, to experience the spectacular Fourvière basilica from a whole new angle
- Voraces traboule, place Colbert, for a surprising architectural experience in a hidden walkway that’s also a UNESCO World Heritage Site