Your invitation to French Film, Freebies and Fun!
What comes to mind when you imagine your favourite French food?
Is it a buttery croissant...a melt-in-your-mouth macaron...or creamy camembert and a crisp baguette?
Whatever it is, there’s one thing for certain: the ‘F’ in French stands for food.
But French gastronomy is about more than good food and drink — it’s a way of life.
In 2010 UNESCO officially recognised French gastronomy in its list on ‘Intangible Cultural Heritage’. Like the French philosophy of art de vivre, a gastronomic meal is about living life to the full and this starts at the dining table with loved ones. It is undeniably French.
That’s why this Bastille Day, 14 July, we’re giving you the chance to celebrate France by indulging your taste buds. Picture yourself sipping on a hot cup of smooth Vittoria Coffee or freshly-brewed La Maison du Thé. Beef bourguignon simmers away in your Le Creuset casserole, the scent of rich gravy filling the air...
To enter, simply watch a movie and answer a few easy questions!
Win La Maison du Thé this ‘BasTEAlle’ Day
Thanks to our generous sponsors, Vittoria Coffee and La Maison du Thé (The Cantarella Group) and Le Creuset, one lucky winner will receive this entire prize pack:
- A Vittoria Coffee Piccolo Black Coffee Capsule Machine
- 10 Boxes of 10 Vittoria Coffee Espresso Coffee Capsules
- 3 Vittoria Coffee Reusable Gold Latte Cups
- 7 Boxes of La Maison du Thé Tea (one of each of their signature blends)
- A Le Creuset 20cm signature cast iron casserole (choose from cerise, ink or meringue colours)
About the movie
Inspired by French gastronomy, ‘Le Chef’ is a French comedy about a celebrity chef whose world is turned upside down when the future of his career is under threat. He hires an inventive, young cook to help shake things up. But will they see eye-to-eye and be able to save his reputation? Watch the trailer.
How to enter la compétition
1. Watch the film for free on SBS Demand.
2. Complete our short quiz about the movie, France, Vittoria Coffee and La Maison du Thé. Answer the questions correctly to go into the draw to win.
Link of the quizz bellow: Competition : BasTEAlle Day Movie Night
Entries close at midnight AEST on Sunday 12 July 2020. Winners will be announced on Bastille Day (of course!), Tuesday 14 July, via the France.fr Facebook Page and our e-newsletter.
Bonne Fete Nationale to our fellow French foodies!
The Team at Atout France